Re: [Evolution] A few issues about build and response times

On Thu, 2001-09-20 at 16:46, Ujwal S. Sathyam wrote:
A few issues that I am quite curious about:

1. Why does Evolution take so long to build? It takes about 30 minutes
on my 1.3GHz Pentium 4, 256MB. This is the longest build time for a
software I have seen in a long time. The resulting binaries don't seem
all that big; of course they use other shared libraries, but those are
already built. I know that Evolution is quite a large application suite,
but is the make process maybe not quite optimized? Some of the link
lines are horrendously long and have duplicate entries for system
libraries.

You are probably using libtool 1.4.x which has known problems resolving
library dependencies.

-JP
JP Rosevear                             jpr ximian com
Ximian Inc.                             http://www.ximian.com