[Evolution] Evolution changes the message that I am readingtt

Hi,
I finally decided to try and use Evolution for my default emailer and
when reading significant number of messages at a single sitting I ran
into the following irksome problem. Is there a way aroung this?

The most efficient way that I have found to read a volume of mail in a
folder is to start at the oldest unread message and then to use Ctrl-D
or P to read through the messages and deleting as required.  Once I
start at the oldest message I expect to be able to continuously read all
the messages in that folder without any disruptions from the email
program.  Currently with evolution this does not happen as the open
message (the one being read) will be replaced with the first message
opened in the folder whenever new messages are added to the folder.

Assuming 100 new messages in a folder, starting at the bottom of the
message viewer (the oldest messages), open the message in a message
window, read and use Ctrl-D or P to move to the next message.  Further
assume that you have read 15 messages by the time evolution automaticlly
fetches new messages and one or more of the new messages are filtered
into the folder that is being read.  When the new messages are added to
the folder, the message in the message viewer (should be number 15) will
become message number 1.

Close the message viewer, double click on message 15 and start reading
again.  Now at message 27 when new messages arrive.  Now the message
viewer will show message number 15 (the message double clicked i.e. the
start of this string) when it should be showing number 27.   Close the
viewer, double click on the 27th message to start again and when
messages arrive when reading number 54 ..... you're back to 27.

When reading a folder worth of messages this is not an aid to
producivity.  Whatever message I am reading should remain in view
regardless of what Evolution is doing and I should be able to continue
with my reading without interruption.

Does anyone have a suggested solution to allow a continuous flow of
reading?

Thanks
Ralph