Re: [Evolution] Shortcuts and Folders List Not Showing Number of New Messages

On Sat, 2001-09-15 at 16:24, Michael Leone wrote:
On Sat, 2001-09-15 at 17:31, Eric Lambart wrote:
Please forgive me when I ask, who cares?

Me, for one. :-)

I care, too.  I want everything to work.

Those numbers have NEVER been accurate anyway.

Mine have always been accurate. But then, I don't use IMAP.

Nor do I.  I use POP only, and from the nightmares that seem to exist
with IMAP, I'm glad--even if POP is somewhat "primitive".  The only
folder whose new-message count always appears to be accurate and updated
when new mail is filtered into it is, mysteriously, my "evolution"
folder for the mailing list.

This behaviour is identical both at home and at work, as I have noted in
various bug reports, so it's not a quirk of any single installation or
setup, and I'm not the only one experiencing it.  I just seem to be the
only really vocal one who thinks it should work.  Perhaps the others
have given up and gone back to other mailers.

I hear excuses about how it would be "too slow" to check and update
these numbers at every mail check, but it works fine for plenty of other
mail clients that seem comfortably fast, so perhaps there is some poor
design in the infrastructure of Evolution and the communication between
its various modules.  A little late to fix that, I suppose.

I'm glad it works for you, I just wish it would work for me!

--Eric