after conversion and that confuses evo if it find some corrupted files.
Maybe evo should go to some protected state in conversion...

Thomas

On Mon, 2001-09-10 at 22:12, Ibukun Okitika wrote:
Since nobody has seconded this issue, I thought I'd submit it again.
Somebody have any idea?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ibukun Okitika" <ibukun computer org>
Sent: Saturday, September 08, 2001 10:57 PM
Subject: [Evolution] Irregularities in mail folder format conversion

I noticed this bug which I was able to reproduce over and over again:

1. Convert a folder, any folder, from the default mbox format to maildir.
2. Switch to another folder (e.g. Inbox). Immediately there is an error
message:
Error while 'Synchronizing 'mbox'':
Cannot create folder lock on
/home/ibukun/evolution/local/Inbox/subfolders/foldername//mbox: Is a
directory

3. Try to copy a message to the newly created folder. A similar error
appears (cannot create folder lock: is a directory).

Quite evidently evolution seems to have forgotten that the folder has
been converted to maildir and is still trying to read it as mbox. This
problem can only be solved by restarting evolution.

Ibukun