[Evolution] Cannot access the Shell

Hi,

I have another problem with Evolution 0.12 on my father's computer.
After installing I tried to start it, but it says "Cannot access Evolution
Shell". I've also tried killev, oaf-slay, rm /tmp/orbit-<username> and
reboot (I really don't what happens doing so, I only found some suggestion
from one message somewhere in the list....I'm a newbie!), but it doesn't
seem useful.

I need Evolution in order to convince my dad to leave windows completely!!!

Guido