[Evolution] Problems with outgoing mail

I am trying to use mail.yahoo.com as my provider, but evolution does not
want to send to their smtp server. I configure evolution to use login as
instructed by yahoo, but when I send I get a message that yahoo does not
support requested authentication type PLAIN. I went back to the 'Sending
Mail' tab for that email account and clicked on the 'Check for supported
types'. All it does is pop up a window and then kills it before it can
be fully painted so I have idea what the contents are.

Question 1) Is anyone using yahoo with evolution to send their email and
if so, how do you have it configured?

Question 2) Assuming 1 is not answered, how do I use emacs to change the
authentication type to whatever is supported?

Question 3) Where do I find the evolution supported authentication
types?

Thanks,

Al Niessner