Re: [Evolution] Modify incoming messages

On 5 Sep 2001, Eric Lambart wrote:

Hmmm.... I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing, David.  I
can easily modify any of the quoted text in this reply.  This reply is
being prepared in a "compose" window, and everything within that window
is editable... as you can see here I've deleted all this messages's old
text except for your most recent posting.

What I and Cyril (?) were talking about is the ability to edit the
subject and body of a message that's in your Inbox or another folder.  I
spoke of being able to clean up a message you're planning to keep a copy
of, but another useful purpose (thinking of snail-mail analogies, here)
would be to annotate an informative message with your own notes.

Um, maybe this is just my opinion, but this is _so_ not in the realm of a
mail client.

If you're going to edit, annotate, and otherwise turn into a document, a
mail message, then you should export it and use your preferred editor on
it.  Why would you want a monolithic file editor-mail program-etc-etc-etc?

Again, this is just my opinion, but I think this is a bad direction to go
in...:)

--Mark