[Evolution] SMTP Authentication in Evo Beta 6

I have the same SMTP Authentication problem that Julia had below.
Unfortunately, the solution Jeff posted did not work for me with Beta 6.
Unchecking the "require-authentication" box did not fix the problem!
Can I get some help here?  This message was sent using Mozilla.

Brian Gebby
bgebby home com
Linux user since '92

If the menu comes back as grayed out, then it doesn't support
authentication, you'll need to uncheck the box that says "This server
requires authentication" and your problems should end. Jeff

On Fri, 2001-09-28 at 10:47, Julia A. Case wrote: >/ I've tried to set up 3 different SMPT servers and I can't send mail
/>/ through any of them, it always says server does not support requested
/>/ authentication type PLAIN...  I've tried to button to check for
/>/ supported authentication types and it always comes back greyed out.
/>/ These servers all work with Outlook and Netscape mail.  I'm a little
/>/ confused.  Also, with beta 4 when I click on the Calendar icon the
/>/ subsystem crashes...
/>/ />/ Julia
/>/ />/ -- />/ [ Julia Anne Case ] [ Ships are safe inside the harbor, ] />/ [Programmer at large] [ but is that what ships are really for. ] />/ [ Admining Linux ] [ To thine own self be true. ] />/ [ Windows/WindowsNT ] [ Fair is where you take your cows to be judged. ]
/

--
Brian Gebby             Ferndale, MI               bgebby home com
Ohio State Alumni Club of Detroit  http://www.geocities.com/~detroitbucks/