[Evolution] Shell init error

I am running debian potato and just updated to the latest version of ximian
desktop.  When I try to run ximian I get the following error message:

evolution-shell-WARNING **: Cannot access Bonobo/ConfigDatabase on wombat:
(IDL:CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0)

I have tried killev, oaf-slay and gconftool --shutdown.  None of these seem
to have any affect on my problem.  I have also looked through the faq and
the knowlege base, and attempted some of their suggestions but my problem
still persistes.

When I execute gconftool --shutdown  I get the following:

Shutdown error: Configuration server couldn't be contacted:
 Error contacting configuration server: OAF returned nil from
oaf_activate_from_id() and did not set an exception explaining the problem.
This is a bug in the OAF package; something went wrong in OAF, and no error
was reported. This is not a bug in the GConf package. Do not report a GConf
bug unless you have information indicating what went wrong with OAF that was
caused by GConf.

Galeon is also seeing some problems:

% galeon

** WARNING **: GConf error:
  Configuration server couldn't be contacted:
 CORBA error: IDL:CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0

** WARNING **: GConf Error: GConf error:
  Configuration server couldn't be contacted:
 CORBA error: IDL:CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0
All further errors shown only on terminal

** WARNING **: GConf error:
  Configuration server couldn't be contacted:
 CORBA error: IDL:CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0

** WARNING **: GConf error:
  Configuration server couldn't be contacted:
 CORBA error: IDL:CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0

** WARNING **: GConf error:
  Configuration server couldn't be contacted:
 CORBA error: IDL:CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0

** WARNING **: GConf error:
  Configuration server couldn't be contacted:
 CORBA error: IDL:CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0

** WARNING **: GConf error:
  Configuration server couldn't be contacted:
 CORBA error: IDL:CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0
GConf Error: Configuration server couldn't be contacted:
 CORBA error: IDL:CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe Orth