[Evolution] Shell doesnt display after first-time wizard has run -12692

Hi all,
  I am unable to start evolution due to Bug-12692.
Until that is fixed does anyone know any work around
for it.

excerpt from bug 12692:
******
Version 0.16.99+cvs.2001.10.13.08.00

no ~/evolution, killev before running

I get the first-time wizard, which I fill in and
"Finish" without any trouble.  The "Intelligent
importer" dialog comes up in blank dialog windows.
The Beta-test warning window pops up, and I OK that.
No shell appears.

Running killev from another xterm, and re-running
evolution gives me the first-time wizard again, and
the same results: no shell.
******

Thanks
Anush