[Evolution] Calendar appointment reminders

Hey all,

Calendar appointments seem not to work for me....  I create a new
calendar event, click on the 'reminders' tab, click on options... and
type in a message to remind me.  then i click the 'add' button (leaving
all other defaults:  remind w/ message 15 minutes before start of
appointment).

Then i go about my business (I even leave evolution open - so its not an
issue with evo. processes sticking around or not sticking around).  a
few days later, when its time for my appointment, no reminder messages
pop up.

Thanks,
Joe