Re: [Evolution] Watch out for the new editor changes!

On Thu, 2001-10-11 at 23:55, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
Hello,

Radek Doulik has been doing a lot of great work on the GtkHTML editor in
the past week, speeding it up considerably.  (Thanks Radek!)

  Unfortunately, this also means that new code paths might have been
introduced, and consequently that new bugs might have crept in.

  Since we are very near to the planned total-mega-master freeze, I'd
like to ask the bravest among Evolution users to update their snapshots
(the ones that will be available in a few hours), and start playing with
the new composer, reporting their impressions to the list and bugs to
the Bugzilla.  The sooner we get bug reports about the composer, the
better the quality of the composer that we'll ship with 1.0 will be.

  BTW, It works great so far for me -- except that it's much, much
faster.  :-)  It's definitely worth a try.

Another bug:

Highlight a chunk of text with your mouse.  Paste the text with
the middle button.  Now, highlight some new non-overlapping
text.  Result:  The old highlight is not removed before beginning
the new selection.  Note:  You must not paste into a large wrapping
block of text that has been highlighted, because the highlight
is correctly removed in that case.