Re: [Evolution] LDAP Contacts when writing a new message.

It is my understanding that the issue to which you are referring is that
you cannot change the search directory for address completion.  If you
wish to change the directory for searching we have a hack, but it is
just that; a hack.  We do not have a GUI for this at this time, and it
is not an officially supported method.  Here's how you do it:

Add this to your ~/evolution/config.xmldb.

<section path="/Addressbook/Completion">
<entry name="uri" type="string"
value="ldap://localhost:389/dc=toshok,dc=org??one"/>
</section>

NOTE: Change the URL to match the addressbook URL you want to use.  With
LDAP URLs it has to be formatted using the correct syntax for your
system.

If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to reply
to this message or to e-mail us at users ximian com

Pete Goodall
Support Tech
Ximian, Inc.
pete ximian com