[Evolution] SSL POP3 and "leave messages on server" option

Evo: 0.15.99

  I'm the "leave messages on server" option with a POP3 account, and it
worked fine until I enabled the SSL option.  Evo can retrieve the mail fine,
however, it retrieves the same messages every time it checks--so I end up
with tons of copies of the same message at the end of the day.  It downloads
messages that it has already retrieved and stored on my local machine.  For
some reason, enabling the SSL option makes Evo blind to what it has already
seen...
  When I turn off the SSL option, it goes back to working fine.... only
downloading new messages, not messages I've already downloaded.  Anyone else
hit this problem?