Re: [Evolution] help with smtp authentication (password)

We can't answer that, you'll need to talk to your system administrator.

Jeff

On Tue, 2001-10-02 at 13:00, Leif Utterstrom wrote:
My SMTP server requires authentication, so I have configured my
authentication type on Evolution 0.14 as Password. I clicked on the
Check for supported types and Password and NT Login were the only two
left to select from. I inserted my email username into the Username
field and saved the configuration. However, when I send an email to an
external address, I receive the following error:

RCPT TO reponse error: Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable:
mail not sent

Is the Password looking for a UNIX login password or messaging server
password?

Any help or suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks all.