[Evolution] printing

I just attempted to print two emails.  The first one printed with a nice
size font, and everything justified properly, and fit on a single page.
Only a minute later, running the same session of Evolution, I printed a
very similar email, and it used fonts that were much too big, and
everything did NOT fit on a single page.  What gives?  Can I just set
default printing behavior somehow?  Can I specify my own postscript
renderer (i.e. a2ps)?

-EJR