Re: [Evolution] Evolution to Evolution Sync?

On Wed, 2001-11-28 at 23:30, Ty Norton wrote:
On Mon, 2001-11-26 at 08:34, JP Rosevear wrote:
On Sun, 2001-11-25 at 05:36, Ty Norton wrote:
I was wondering if there was any way to sync between evolution clients.

Seemed like it would save me some hastle if I could suck all my messages
off the home station into my portable.
Thanks,

Everything is in the ~/evolution directory.  Maybe you could rsync it?

Your solution is something I have already thought of, but in different
situations you would lose that interesting exchange that I was so
seeking.

I'll cite an example.

I'm heading offsite to do some server work, before I leave I sync up my
appointments; and my current stockpiles of mail.

While I was away I made appointments(and added them into evo), I also
linked up to get my mail a few times. Since my mail piles up very
quickly ...and... I don't keep an archive on the server, this creates a
big problem for me.

When I get back home; or even to the office, I would obviously like to
resync up with my desktop station.. exchanging
contacts/appointments/new-mail in both directions.

I am quite aware that this change could not be implimented with the
current feature freeze; however, might this be evaluated as a possible
feature for 1.1??
I know this would make my life a hell of alot easier; not to mention be
one very important feature that only evo (to my knowledge) would offer.

Regards,
--
Ty Norton | ty norton to

These are things that a Groupware suite usually manages as everything is
stored on the server.  However, since I can't connect my calendar, todo,
or Address book to the the Domino server, I agree that this would be
handy for me as well.  I understand the reasoning for not making
Evolution work with this proprietary protocol or another, and I'm not
complaining about that, it would just be nice to have some way of
syncing up my 4 installations of Evolution so that not any one of them
is different.

On the other hand I do agree with the other poster that improving the
LDAP interface is extremely important.

Chris Tooley