Re: [Evolution] Evolution to Evolution Sync?

On Mon, 2001-11-26 at 08:34, JP Rosevear wrote:
On Sun, 2001-11-25 at 05:36, Ty Norton wrote:
I was wondering if there was any way to sync between evolution clients.

Seemed like it would save me some hastle if I could suck all my messages
off the home station into my portable.
Thanks,

Everything is in the ~/evolution directory.  Maybe you could rsync it?

Your solution is something I have already thought of, but in different
situations you would lose that interesting exchange that I was so
seeking.

I'll cite an example.

I'm heading offsite to do some server work, before I leave I sync up my
appointments; and my current stockpiles of mail.

While I was away I made appointments(and added them into evo), I also
linked up to get my mail a few times. Since my mail piles up very
quickly ...and... I don't keep an archive on the server, this creates a
big problem for me.

When I get back home; or even to the office, I would obviously like to
resync up with my desktop station.. exchanging
contacts/appointments/new-mail in both directions.

I am quite aware that this change could not be implimented with the
current feature freeze; however, might this be evaluated as a possible
feature for 1.1??
I know this would make my life a hell of alot easier; not to mention be
one very important feature that only evo (to my knowledge) would offer.

Regards,
--
Ty Norton | ty norton to