Re: [Evolution] japanese input

Am Die, 2001-11-27 um 18.48 schrieb Erik Bågfors:
On Tue, 2001-11-27 at 07:45, Gerhard Schuck wrote:
Hi,

How can I get japanese input working for mails in evolution? Usually I
start an application with a script like this one (for sylpheed):

export LANG=ja_JP
export LC_CTYPE=ja_JP
export XMODIFIERS="@im=kinput2"
export LANGUAGE=en_US
sylpheed

Then I have english menus and japanese input with kinput2 is working.
But with evolution the menus are still german and japanese input doesn't
work.

Im using evolution RC 2, gnome-control-center 1.5.9 on icewm-gnome (but
without gnome or gnome-panel running).

Make sure you restart oaf after you set these environment variables.
evolution is using lot's of components and some of them might have the
old locale-settings since they are started by oaf and it might still
have the old settings.

Unfortunately it doesn't work. I did oaf-slay and killev. Still the same
problem. I think there are at least two problems: kinput (the Japanese
input method) doesn't work. And, independent from that, Japanese fonts
are not configured correctly. Where can I do that? In gnome control
center I don't find anything about fonts, nor in evolution. By the way I
also can't read Japanese mail, although choosing the correct coding.
That seems to be a font configuration problem. But it's not the problem
that I don't have the fonts available! In sylpheed, mozilla and a lot of
other applications display and input of Japanese text works fine.

Gerhard Schuck
geschu ma5 seikyou ne jp