Re: [Evolution] japanese input

On Tue, 2001-11-27 at 07:45, Gerhard Schuck wrote:
Hi,

How can I get japanese input working for mails in evolution? Usually I
start an application with a script like this one (for sylpheed):

export LANG=ja_JP
export LC_CTYPE=ja_JP
export XMODIFIERS="@im=kinput2"
export LANGUAGE=en_US
sylpheed

Then I have english menus and japanese input with kinput2 is working.
But with evolution the menus are still german and japanese input doesn't
work.

Im using evolution RC 2, gnome-control-center 1.5.9 on icewm-gnome (but
without gnome or gnome-panel running).

Make sure you restart oaf after you set these environment variables.
evolution is using lot's of components and some of them might have the
old locale-settings since they are started by oaf and it might still
have the old settings.

oaf-slay is your friend (just remember that it will kill all
bonobo-programs.. right now mostly nautilus and evo)

/Erik
--
Erik Bågfors               | erik bagfors nu
Supporter of free software | GSM +46 733 279 273