Re: [Evolution] iCal + OutLook 2000

On Tue, 2001-11-27 at 15:46, Austin Gonyou wrote:
As a side note, my install under Win4Lin seems to work fine when I send
iCal attatchments, so I'm not sure what the problem is with my boss's
LookOut!

On Tue, 2001-11-27 at 13:50, Austin Gonyou wrote:
I know this is a dead horse, or at least it seems to be, but my boss
cannot see any of the calendar.ics files sent to him properly. Outlook
wants to open .ics files as textfiles in wordpad rather than doing
something with them.

My question is what is a list of the common problems associated with
Outlook + receiving iCal attatchments.

The ones I get in Evo, FROM outlook seem to work fine.

I know there is a 'Send meeting requests using iCalendar by default' in
the Options/Calendar dialog in Outlook 2000. You have to set that to
send iCalendar requests. I'm not sure if that affects receiving
iCalendar.

We have had lots of problems getting different versions of Outlook to
accept iCalendar requests from Evolution (and from each other). Problems
with the structure of the MIME message and mail headers that Outlook
doesn't like. But we think Outlook 2000 and XP should be OK now.

It may be that your boss has associated the .ics extension with WordPad,
and that is overriding the iCalendar stuff in Outlook. I can't see any
other reason why Outlook would open it in WordPad. Normally if it
doesn't know what it is all you can do is save it to disk.

Damon