[Evolution] Could Not Create Composer Windows

All,

This may be a library-related issue, or as I suspect, a GNOME configuration
problem. Essentially, when I bring up a new email dialog through To:, or
reply to an email - I get this message in a dialog box:

"Could not create composer windows.
Unable to activate HTML editor component."

This is with Evolution 0.99.2 on a (heavily) modified Mandrake 8.1 machine.
All dependencies were satisfied with Ximian's own libraries, if anyone can
tell me why I can't even bring up a dialog box to write emails I'd be much
appreciated.

BTW, on a separate topic, IMHO the source filtering is still broken. Has
anyone got it to work?

Cheers,
Joseph Tan