[Evolution] batch verifying sgned email sent from evolution

Hello,

I would like to be able to verify evolution's mutltipart/signed messages
via scripts on my server.  I'm having trouble figuring out the details
though.  I've read RFC 2015, which covers this the format of
pgp-signatures and I have the source for evolution 0.99.2.  Has someone
else done this already?

Illustrative of my area of ignorence is the
fact that  I can't verify the evolution's signatures "by hand"---that
is, by slicing the mail message file by hand, saving the seperate parts
and running  gpg --verify on them.  I've tried converting linefeeds from
<LF> to <CR><LF> as mentioned in the RFC.  Also, I can create and verify
my own signed files using gpg and verify them without problem.

I've included a short python script that I'm working on to do the job in
case someone can see from it what I'm doing wrong when splitting the
body from the signature.

Thanks in advance,

-chris