Re: [Evolution] IMAP scanning gets stuck

On Fri, 2001-11-23 at 20:33, Ujwal S. Sathyam wrote:

Yes, that looks correct indeed, though I prefer to use poll. Which file
is this so that I can put in my debugging printfs to see if it is really
doing that? 4 minutes is pretty long. How about 30 seconds or 1 minute?
If I want to hack the source, do I get it from CVS HEAD or the 1.0
brach? If it is the branch, what is the exact tag?

The code is in camel/camel-tcp-stream-raw.c:stream_connect()

cvs -z3 co -r evolution-1-0-branch evolution

Also, do you have the linger socket option set? I have found that the
option is set, close() sometimes blocks until the kernel decides to
actually close the connection.

No, we do not set the linger sockopt.

Also, you were mentioning a Stop/Cancel button? Where is that? Just so
that you know, this is in the periodic mail check, not when I hit
Send/Receive. Even when I hit Send/Receive, sometimes hitting the cancel
button does not work.

The stop button is in the toolbar, it's the red circle with an x in the
middle.

Jeff