Re: [Evolution] PGP/GPG issues

On Fri, 2001-11-16 at 22:22, Jason Kasper wrote:
A couple of questions regarding encryption in evolution....

First, if I send an e-mail and encrypt it from evolution to a recipient
who uses kmail or Microsoft Outlook (no comments please), the e-mail
isn't detected as being PGP-encrypted in either of those two mail
clients (I've not checked others).

Yeah, support for PGP/MIME among other mailers seems to be pretty
abysmal. I think we're going to have to support sending old-school
inline PGP messages as well.

Second, if I need to encrypt an outgoing e-mail from evolution to
someone whose e-mail address doesn't match his PGP public key,
there's currently no way to select that key from my keyring in evolution.

Yeah, this will be fixed later by letting you associate keys with
entries in your contacts folder.

There might be some gpg option that will let you add an email address to
the copy of the key in your keyring?

-- Dan