[Evolution] Still no spell-checking: I'm getting desperate...

I still can't can't get spell-checking to work. I am getting desperate to the point of keeping a dictionary on my desk. What can I do? I am running Mandrake 8.1 with the following packages:

rpm -qa | fgrep spell

pspell-0.12.2-ximian.3
aspell-en-gb-0.33.7.1-ximian.2
aspell-0.33.7.1-ximian.2
libpspell4-0.12.2-ximian.3
gnome-spell-0.4-ximian.1

When I open a composer window, a gnome-spell-component process is launched, but it still does not do any spell-checking. The 'Edit->Spell check document..." option is available, but it does not find any mis-spelled words either. The spell-checking option is enabled in the Gnome Control Center. I tried running the aspell utility against a file, and that works, so the aspell process works.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks,

Ujwal