Re: [Evolution] OK, so I'll ask directly....

Meph,

Ah, I understand now. And you're right...evolution does not appear to be
very smart at determining what colour to render text in based on widget
colors. My best suggestion right now would be to use a theme that is
darker -- and thus easier on the eyes -- but at the same time doesn't
make black text unreadable. An example is BlueSteel, which is a really
nice theme. I'm sure you'll find others like it. It won't fix the
problem completely, but at least it's better than having a bright theme.

Since Evolution is already at release candidate stage, it is highly
unlikely that this issue will be fixed before development starts on 1.1.
However I hope someone at Ximian is taking note -- accessibility cannot
be ignored in such an important product as this.

Ibukun