[Evolution] Next/Previous Arrows in new message window in threaded mode

I have the message list pane in threaded mode. The next/previous arrows in the main shell window work correctly in threaded mode, but when I open the message in a separate window by double-clicking as I like to, the next/previous arrows do not reflect the threaded mode. It goes to some random message which is probably the one next in arrival time stamp.

I am getting the feeling that opening messages in new windows is a poor cousin to the preview pane at Ximian, as this mode has had more than its share of bugs and features missing.

Ujwal