Re: [Evolution] No mouse mail reading - two and a half cheers

On Thu, 2001-11-15 at 03:20, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
Just found that in the latest snapshot (2001.11.14.08.58 and maybe a few
earlier), that you can read mail in multiple folders from startup
without the mouse.

Now if you have a folder which has not had any messages read since
evolution was started, pressing tab a number of times highlights the
first message in the folder allowing n to then be used to get to the
first unread message.

However in the spirit of always being dissatisfied (sorry folks), is
there any chance that the first message in the folder could be
highlighted whenever you move to a folder with no previously selected
messages - this would mean that you could then cursor to the folder you
wanted and just hit n to read the first message rather than move to
folder and hit lots of tabs, n.

[Evolution is really getting there now though - I am pining for exmh
less and less each week]

      Nigel.

There's a bug report somewhere for this... I agree it would be very
nice.  I think more consistent keyboard support is going to be made a
priority, post-1.0.

--Eric