Re: [Evolution] Error setting evolution: shortcut to inbox cannot be created

Probably known packaging issue.

What is the permissions on /usr/sbin/camel-lock-helper and the permissions
on /var/spool/mail?

i.e.
ls -l /usr/sbin/camel-lock-helper
ls -ld /var/spoo/mail

Hello.

When running evolution 0.99.0 for the first time in my Red Hat Linux 7.2
box, at the setup assistant, I receive the following error message:

      Error:

      Could not get inbox for new mail store:
      Could not lock '/var/spool/mail/romildo'
      No shortcut will be created.

I was configuring with the Server Type "Standard Unix mbox spools" for
receiving email, and "Sendmail" for sending email.

I have been using an ADSL connection to the internet, fetching mail from
the provider with fetchmail, and sendmail to deliver my email.

Any clues?

Romildo
--
Prof. José Romildo Malaquias               Departamento de Computação
http://iceb.ufop.br/~romildo       Universidade Federal de Ouro Preto