Re: [Evolution] filter questions

Ken,

I believe there can also be issues with filters on incoming messages
and  IMAP servers.  I'm not sure what criteria you have set up on your
filter, but any body filtering doesn't happen until the message is
downloaded.

--
John Sturgeon
Systems Architect

On Wed, 2001-11-14 at 02:57, Ken Guest wrote:
    On Sat, 2001-11-03 at 20:12, Will Benton wrote:
    > and have "Apply filters to new messages" selected in my account
    > preferences, but messages to this mailing list still show up in my
    > INBOX.  It does work when I right-click on the message and select "apply
    > filters", though.
    >   *  should I change the criterion from "Mailing list is" to something
    > else?
    >   *  Is there something else I need to do to get this to work?
    >   *  Is this a bug?

    I don't work on Evolution so this is just an educated guess, but it
    seems that the "Mailing list is" criteria works by looking for a
    "List-Id" header which does not seems to always be inserted by mailing
    list software such as mailman, majordomo et al.
    This is a bug, I'd imagine, but a bug in the mailing-list software I
    suppose - after all it isn't Evolution's fault if the header wasn't
    inserted (though it would be cunning if it noticed that all emails that
    have a specific List-Id description also always has the one common
    recipient in it (the email address of the mailing list) and store that
    information away for the next time so that Evolution could then ensure
    that future emails to the mailing list are filtered appropriately.

    k.