Re: [Evolution] filter questions

On Sat, 2001-11-03 at 20:12, Will Benton wrote:
I have incoming filters ("move to folder") set up for some mailing lists
and have "Apply filters to new messages" selected in my account
preferences, but messages to this mailing list still show up in my
INBOX.  It does work when I right-click on the message and select "apply
filters", though.
  *  should I change the criterion from "Mailing list is" to something
else?
  *  Is there something else I need to do to get this to work?
  *  Is this a bug?

I don't work on Evolution so this is just an educated guess, but it
seems that the "Mailing list is" criteria works by looking for a
"List-Id" header which does not seems to always be inserted by mailing
list software such as mailman, majordomo et al.
This is a bug, I'd imagine, but a bug in the mailing-list software I
suppose - after all it isn't Evolution's fault if the header wasn't
inserted (though it would be cunning if it noticed that all emails that
have a specific List-Id description also always has the one common
recipient in it (the email address of the mailing list) and store that
information away for the next time so that Evolution could then ensure
that future emails to the mailing list are filtered appropriately.

k.