[Evolution] Contacts db madness

  Hey,

  I'm running Evolution 0.99.1 & Ximian with all updates.  Yesterday, I
found that my Contacts had suddenly (after I'd rewritten all the e-mail
addresses, as any one I'd use from import would be returned) amasses
hundreds of duplicates of all entries except those I'd altered in the
File As field.  The .db file is now massive.  Here's an ls:

-rw-rw-r--    1 meph     meph      2658304 Nov 11 13:54 addressbook.db

  Now, when I open Contacts, naturally, it's very slow.  But attempting
to delete multiple entries, my hard drive starts going wild & continues
for anywhere from 40 minutes to an hour.

  So, shall I just delete the .db file & re-import, or is there a better
way?

  Meph

--
  "I did this 'cause Linux gives me a woody."
  -Dave '-ddt->' Taylor, announcing DOOM for Linux