Re: [Evolution] new mail notification
- From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com>
- To: Mike Baptiste <mike baptistefamily net>
- Cc: "E. Joshua Rigler" <Jrigler colorado edu>, Evolution Email List <evolution ximian com>
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] new mail notification
- Date: 10 Nov 2001 15:29:53 -0500
On Sat, 2001-11-10 at 11:18, Mike Baptiste wrote:
One problem with most of the mail checking applets is they don't support
secure IMAP and POP. More and more places are shutting down unsecured
email ports so this becomes more of an issue. Since Evolution already
has the SSL stuff in place it seems like having Evolution do some sort
of notification would be a good thing for SSL users.
My suggestion would be to have someone modify evolution-mail so it also
exports an applet that can be embedded into the panel or docked in a
window manager (using the docking spec from the NET WM spec).
That way the applet will reflect the actual state of your mail drops.
] [Thread Prev