[Evolution] IMAP Large Folders Problems

I know there was some talk about problems with large folders in IMAP
connections.  Is there a way to clear out what Evolution thinks is in
the Folder and force it to check again?  I had 15592 messages in my
INBOX and it only downloaded headers for 3523 of them.  I deleted all
3823 and now it says there are 12069 new messages but when I click on
the folder it checks the status and then reports 0 new messages and an
empty folder.  Not exactly correct.

Chris Tooley