[Evolution] Mail folders with Evolution and traditional mail clients

Hello.

I am considering experimenting with Evolution in my system,
but after that I may decide to not keep it. Even if I keep
Evolution, surely there will be situtation where I will
be willing to use other mail clients, like mutt.

So I am concerned about the mail format used by Evolution
and the mbox format I have been using by now. Is it possible
to convert between them? Or better, can Evolution work
directly with the mbox mail folder format and can the
Evolution mail folders be converted to the mbox format?

Thanks for any clarification.

Romildo
--
Prof. José Romildo Malaquias               Departamento de Computação
http://iceb.ufop.br/~romildo       Universidade Federal de Ouro Preto