[Evolution] Address book broken for me

I'm using the latest snapshot of Evolution (0.99.1), and I can't use the
address book.  If I open the contact page, the "new contact" option is
grayed out in the menu and toolbar.  If I try to "add sender to address
book" from an E-mail, it just pops up a message saying "Querying
Addressbook" and sits there.

This has been broken for me for quite a while.  This is so basic that
I'm assuming it's something on my system.  I'm running Redhat 7.0 plus
all updates from Red-carpet.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Gerald