Re: [Evolution] Configuration Database not found

I am getting slightly the same error, when run from a link on the desktop to
evolution I get the:

"Cannont initialize the Ximian Evolution shell: Configuration Database not
found."

when I try and run evolution from a command line I get:

 "evolution-shell-WARNING **: Cannot access Bonobo/ConfigDatabase on wombat:
(IDL:OAF/GeneralError:1.0)"

Last night I downloaded the the latest tarball(0.99) and upgraded
oaf,bonobo,gtkhtml and gal on my Slackware7 system and configured them in
this fashion:

 ./configure --prefix=/opt/gnome for all four packages.

I guess my question is, how do i get evolution to access the
bonobo/configdatabase? Also, what is the name of this mythical DB?

I have followed the list and read the bugzilla page on this one with no
success. I am also a relatively new user to linux, so please excuse me if I
ask what seems to be an obvious answer to everyone else.

TIA

Jon