[Evolution] How can I debug my spell-check problem?

I simply cannot get spell-checking working. I have installed

libpspell4-0.12.2-ximian.3.i586.rpm
aspell-0.33.7.1-ximian.2.i586.rpm
gnome-spell-0.4-ximian.1.i586.rpm

from ftp://ftp.ximian.com/pub/ximian-gnome/mandrake-80-i586

The aspell command line utility seems to work when I use it on a file, but it does not work in Evolution. The "Edit->Spell check document..." is actually available, but it does not report any misspelled words. Misspelled words are not underlined either. Spell-checking is enabled in the the Gnome Control Center.

The funny thing is that spell-checking works on my work computer, but not here on my home machine. Bothe machines are running Mandrake 8.1 with the same snapshot of evolution. When I open a composer window, a gnome-spell-component process is created, but it does not seem to be doing its job.

Is there anything I can investigate further to get this working?

Thanks,

Ujwal