Re: [Evolution] Can't trust Evolution to send big attachments...

Evolution had sent the attachment with the file type noted as
text/plain. I meant to track this down a bit more and file a proper bug
report (Gnome sure knows what a PDF is and what file extension it has,
and what apps to throw it to), but I never got around to it. I bet
something similar is happening to you. The attachment is probably fine,
but the MIME file type is stuffed.

I don't think that would be it in this case, because the file name on
the file she received was not the same as what I sent.  Although I
didn't go out to her place and check it.  My husband then sent the same
file to her with Netscape and she received it without a problem.  I
think she uses Netscape in Windows, but I'm not sure.  It is definitely
a problem caused by Evo in some way, it is just a question of HOW evo is
doing this.  But I'm not smart enough to figure that out. :-)

Other than that, I love Evolution. I have no problems with all the tar
files I send through it.  Just when I sent the .doc it borked.  I sent a
copy to myself and got it fine. Evo said it was a Microsoft Word File.