[Evolution] Can't trust Evolution to send big attachments...

So, whenever I try to attach a big file (a few MB) with Evolution, it arrives corrupted at the recipient. I then use Mozilla which works just fine (same accout settings, same server, same sending machine...). This has been happening all along, and I kinda tolerated it since I don't send big files very often. But this is just not right.

I even tried digging into the code a while back and reported my findings to Jeff, but I dunno if there was anything found. When I dug into the code (camel-provder-smtp.c or something), some thread was kicking in and cutting off the transmission. I never found out what.

I suggest if the Evolution developers want to debug this, they use an SMTP server outside the immediate LAN so that some network traffic and delay is introduced. My SMTP server is @Home, quite a few hops away.

Bottom line now: I need to switch to a different client whenever I want to send something bigger.

Quite frustrated,

Ujwal