Re: [Evolution] Cannot create composer window.

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Brad Douglas wrote:

Hello,

I hope this isn't a dumb question, but when I try to send a new email (or
reply or forward), I get an error dialog maintaining "Cannot create
composer window."  It must be right because I never get a composer window.
:-)

I compiled evolution myself using 0.10 stable and current CVS as I'm
a Slackware user.  I have all the required software revisions as stated in
the README, etc.

Any suggestions for resolving this would be very helpful.

Thanks,

-Brad

I'm having a similar problem. I did some upgrades on my Debian box, and
now the composer window can't be created, and so the mail view dies.
Output from evolution-mail suggests that it is dying because the compser
window isn't being created, which is due to gtkhtml composer being unable
to find the gnome-spell stuff. (Sorry I don't have the actual outputs with
me at the moment).

What spelling libraries are needed? All dependencies are satisfied. Do I
really need to have spell checking at all?

Thanks for any help.

Craig

BTW, I'm running Evo 0.10, not a snapshot - I *still* can't seem to get
any for Debian, even when I use Red Carpet :-(

--
Craig Holyoak
craigh uq net au