Re: [Evolution] Re: tooltips not working in cvs gal?

On 10 May 2001 11:39:13 -0400, Duncan Mak wrote:
On 10 May 2001 11:36:14 -0400, Duncan Mak wrote:
I compiled evolution from cvs trunk yesterday and it's working nicely. I
set the environment variable GAL_DO_COLORS = 1 and i get the nice
stripes, but GAL_DO_TOOLTIPS=1 doesn't do it... ;-(

I also noticed that tooltips (information expanders ;) are showing up in
the folder bar, but not the message list, maybe there's just a typo in
some argument passed to the e-table creation thingy... i'll look around.

The problem is that evolution-mail isn't getting your environment
variable because it is launched by oaf which is already running because
you have nautilus running.

One quick fix is to run evolution-mail separately with that environment
variable turned on.  The way I fix it is by having export
GAL_DO_TOOLTIPS=1 in my .gnomerc before execing gnome-session.

The reason colors works is because that isn't an environment variable.
It's just always on now.

Thanks,
    Chris