Re: [Evolution] Still OAF problems.

On 01 May 2001 21:03:39 -0700, George Farris wrote:
Sigh.  I installed a fresh Redhat-7.1, Ximian Gnome 1.4 and the
Evolution .10 snapshot and am still seeing horrible slowness associated
with oaf.  This has been covered previously but I thought that a clean
install would fix this problem.  It really does seem associated with the
2.4.x kernel.  If I run "oaf-slay" then start Evolution it runs like a
champ.  Without oaf-slay it is very slow.

How can we fix this other than putting "oaf-slay" in our logout files?
Tell me what to do and I'll run tests, send bug reports etc.

There is a fix for this in the unreleased stable branch of oaf.

-JP
JP Rosevear                             jpr ximian com
Ximian Inc.                             http://www.ximian.com