Re: [Evolution] first bug report gpg hang

Do you have everyone's keys in your keyring to whom you are encrypting
to? If not, it might be that gpg is prompting evolution for more data
but evolution doesn't have any way of knowing it's being prompted for
more information. This might be the cause of the hang. So make sure that
you have everyone in your keyring and that you have signed their keys,
etc.

I've got to figure out a better way of doing this but to be honest I
have no idea what I can do.

Surely there is like a gpg api?  It can't all be done through a binary
can it?  If that *is* the only interface, then we are going to have to
open a dialogue with the program and try and talk to it (but that would
suck in the extreme).  At the very least we need a timeout to terminate
it and report what it said to us, we cannot have it just hang.

Finally a question. Is there a scripting interface or something like
that to evo available, as I e.g. would like to see all
birthdays/anniversaries in my calendar and would eventually try to do
this via a script.

There are CORBA interfaces to most of the components, though I think
that the mailer component is a bit lacking currently.

And you can use corba stuff from many scripting languages these days.