Re: [Evolution] Crash on startup

Le 31 Mar 2001 22:42:23 +0930, Not Zed a écrit :
On 30 Mar 2001 17:25:24 +0200, Fred RISS wrote:
Hello.

I don't know if this issue has already been reported, since I didn't
receive any mails from the list during 3 days (if one of the ximian
guys
knows what happened, I'd be glad to know...).
I'm experiencing a startup crash which seems to be an indexing
problem,
because when I delete the mbox.ibex and mbox.ev-summary files of one
of
my maildirs, evolution starts well (but slowly, that's normal). Here
is

Does it only work once, and then not again?  Or does it happen every
now
and then?  What sort of things are you doing to make it happen, is
lots
of mail coming and going, etc?

The backtrace isnt much help, but if you run evolution-mail in another
window first, you should get some output that indicates if the indexer
is crashing (it normally hits assertions when it does).

I did some tests. Here's what I know :
- I get not more information when I launch evolution-mail in another
window before a crash; evolution-mail crashes during 'returning
description for file : <folder>' , before it has processed all the
maildirs
- Evolution seems to crash randomly. Even if I do nothing in evo (just
launch it and then close it), it mostly crashes the next time I try to
start it up.
- Sometimes there is no crash when I do exactly the same as above
- After a crash, sometimes, I can launch evolution by simply doing
killev and then lauching it (so it may finaly not be an indexing bug,
but removing mbox.* seems to work all the time, whereas just killev
doesn't)
- I realize that 'sometimes' is not precise, but I did half an hour of
tests, and I couldn't find any rational law about that crash... sorry

Regards

--
Fred