Re: [Evolution] Crash on startup

On 30 Mar 2001 17:25:24 +0200, Fred RISS wrote:
Hello.

I don't know if this issue has already been reported, since I didn't
receive any mails from the list during 3 days (if one of the ximian guys
knows what happened, I'd be glad to know...).
I'm experiencing a startup crash which seems to be an indexing problem,
because when I delete the mbox.ibex and mbox.ev-summary files of one of
my maildirs, evolution starts well (but slowly, that's normal). Here is

Does it only work once, and then not again?  Or does it happen every now
and then?  What sort of things are you doing to make it happen, is lots
of mail coming and going, etc?

The backtrace isnt much help, but if you run evolution-mail in another
window first, you should get some output that indicates if the indexer
is crashing (it normally hits assertions when it does).

 Michael