From: Not Zed [mailto:notzed ximian com]
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2001 6:09 PM
To: Rakich," Richard
Cc: 'Dan Winship'; 'evolution ximian com'
Subject: RE: [Evolution] how to get around dependence check in
"configure" ?

On 29 Mar 2001 16:23:17 -0500, Rakich, Richard wrote:
gnome-config --modversion libglade returns:
      Unknown library `libglade`
      gnome-libs-1.2.12

yet rpm -qa | grep libglade returns:
      libglade-0.16-0_helix_4

You need libglade-devel too.

Anyways, I was able to debug most of this without the debug build.  It
looks
as though in camel/providers/local/camel-local-folder.c ~line 240, there
is
a call to lock() which is obsolete in linux post 2.0 kernels and always
returns -1.  All other calls for locking use flock() which is better, but
probably should be changed to use fcntl() as to avoid problems with
locking
over NFS mounted directories (which I have).  I may be wrong on this, as I
haven't been coding since forever, but this looks to be my problem.

Umml that is a method call on the local-folder, which ends up calling
camel_lock, which locks using flock, fcntrl, and .lock locking (well,
depending on build options).  So we never call lock(), the code is
supposed to work on more than linux!

What exactly is the problem you are having?  Unable to lock?  Often
fcntl fails on nfs since a few nfs servers dont implement it.

Thanks,
      RichR