Re: [Evolution] mailer bug

Can you forward us the message(s) in question (gzip and attach them),
forward it either to me or dan privately if you dont want the world to
see it.

 Michael

On 26 Mar 2001 15:28:48 -0500, Carl Nygard wrote:

I just upgraded to cvs.2001.03.25.09.00, and I'm having problems reading
some of the mboxes.  As far as I can tell, if the message is last or
close to last, the mail component either can't find it or doesn't see
the end of the message.  Well, that's just guessing.  What I can say for
sure is that the little progress box goes back and forth, status says
"Retrieving message 71" or somesuch, and the evolution-mail process just
keeps allocating memory till it runs out and crashes.  I have seen it go
to over 200M and keep going.

This happens on more than one folder, and consistently on the same
messages.  I've grepped through the mbox, and the X-Evolution headers
say, for example

In this case, 47 is hex for 71, which is the message it's barfing on.
Obviously this message exists, so I can't see anything else to tell you.

BTW, RH 6.1

Regards,
Carl