Re: [Evolution] Importing stuff...

On 23 Mar 2001 23:29:23 -0800, Ujwal S. Sathyam wrote:
I upgraded to the latest cvs snapshot on my Mandrake 7.2 and pretty much
lost everything from before. Mailbox got trashed, lost contacts...

Ummk, excuse me?  How did your mailbox get trashed?  I update evoluiton
very often, and i've never had it lose mail.

Anyway, I wanted to re-import my contacts from a GCard file, and this is
what I get:

Importing with: OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Addressbook_GnomeCard_Importer

Evolution-Importer-WARNING **: Could not start
OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Addressbook_GnomeCard_Importer.

This gives a clue, it can't activate the component.  Umm, i'm not sure
if this is the 'remove .oafinfo files from /usr/share/oaf/' problem or
another one, try running oaf-slay, and whatnot as well.